How We Work - IWEN's Management Process
IWEN strives to manage its affairs justly, collaboratively and professionally. This is accomplished by working towards high standards in each of the following areas below.
- Using high standards of financial reporting and accountability required of all Canadian Registered Charities.
- Using donor and membership funds wisely and efficiently.
- Minimizing IWEN's operational expenses in order to maximize the distribution of educational programs and scholarships.
- Distributing and/or initiating educational and scholarship programs only when the proper funds are secured
- Verifying with donors/sponsors when their directed funds towards a program need to be re-directed due to some unforeseen sitution or circumstance
- Allowing sponsors/donors to choose which IWEN program they believe in through IWEN's Donor Option System. IWEN connects people with their program choice - see "How You Can Help?"
- Working in a collaborative manner within IWEN's Board structure.
- Listening to recommendations, opinions and/or ideas of members through the use of various types of available communication systems.
- Listening to recommendations, opinions and/or ideas of IWEN's Nepalese implementing partners through contact with IWEN's Country Director.
- Communicating with IWEN's membership in an effective and timely manner
- Maximizing the social, educational, third world experience and management skills of each Board Director within IWEN's Board.
- Abiding by the country's laws, policies and procedures in IWEN's involvement with its implementing partners who are responsible for the delivery of IWEN's program services.
- Honoring the values, principles and operational policies and procedures of each of IWEN's Nepalese Facilitating and Implementing partners to the extent in which IWEN's stated mission, values and principles and are not put into a conflict situation.
- Investigating the trust-worthiness of local non-government organizations [NGOs] prior to collaborating in any educational and/or scholarship program.
- Distributing and supporting female's scholarship without regard to caste, religion, disability, ethnicity or political affiliation.
- Respecting the cultural traditions of IWEN's female students in all the aspects of their lives.
- Developing educational and scholarship programs that are true to IWEN's Vision, Mission and Goal statements.