Our Mission and Core Values
IWEN's mission is to raise awareness of the importance of and increase access to education for (primarily) marginalized females, by funding education programs in Nepal, Canada, and other countries.
IWEN Believes that...
- Human beings, in particular women, have within themselves the capacity to change their lives for the better if given an opportunity.
- Women hold a central role in shaping the personal, social and emotional welfare of their children within the family context.
- Education for women not only promotes a better life for her but assists the development of the whole family.
- Education promotes personal and social responsibility of the whole family.
- Education facilitates the option of having choices in life.
- Culture, traditions, and customs of the country surrounding women need to be respected in their entirety.
- Education is not dependent upon any specific group and thus IWEN is unaffiliated with any religious, political or social groups